Dry eye occurs when your tear ducts can’t provide enough moisture for your eyes. This is a common issue that people experience and can be difficult to deal with on your own.
Luckily, there are some things you can do to avoid dry eyes to protect your vision and stay comfortable.
Ways to Avoid Dry Eye
Although dry eyes are very common, there are things that you can avoid to give you a better shot at keeping your eyes moisturized.
- Avoid Blowing Air Directly Into Eyes: Things like hair dryers, fans, and air conditioning are all things that can cause dry eye.
- Use Eye Drops: Using eye drops regularly is a great way to keep your eyes moisturized.
- Give Your Eyes a Break: If you are putting your eyes under continuous stress, the likelihood that you will develop dry eyes is increased. Be sure to take breaks periodically and close your eyes for a few minutes to let them rest and recoup
- Use a Humidifier: Adding moisture to the air can help improve your eyes’ moisture level.
- Avoid Smoke: Avoiding smoke is a great way to minimize your risk of developing dry eyes. This includes avoiding being around smoke and quitting smoking if you currently do.
What Is Dry Eye Treatment?
Many forms of dry eye treatment can be administered by your doctor. Some of these treatments include;
- Eye Drops
- Gels and Ointments
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Therapy
- Tear Duct Plugs
- Steroid Eye Drops
Book Your Dry Eye Treatment With Kirk Eye Center
At Kirk Eye Center in Loveland, CO we strive to give our patients clear and reliable vision. We have been providing comprehensive ophthalmology services to the people of Northern Colorado for over 30 years.
Dr. John Kirk is a board-certified ophthalmologist who has plenty of experience to make sure that your eyes are on the right path for a long and healthy life.
If you are interested in working with us at Kirk Eye Center, call us at 970-408-3246 or fill out a contact form here to get in touch with us at our Loveland, CO office.